Thursday, December 6, 2007

A shocking reaction .

No matter, what the owners of BCL -globally have decided to shut down the BHopal Unit. But, members and the Bhopalities are very much disappointed and shocked with this news.The same morning , when news in the daily newspaper came ,everybody was sad and filled with anger .

The Manager of BCL , Ms.Gitanjali was that much shocked and sad but she had to cooperate with the management, well any employee will have to obey the management decision. But, she had two roles to play one as a manager and other as a coordinator of all the members. We all approached her with our anger and pain in heart to know why ..why..British Library is shutting down??

People around the city , are not able to believe British Library , our BCL is declared to be closed down by 29 feb 2008. Is year 2008 lucky or unlucky..I really doubt now? This dosen't sounds any good to me. We made friends here, we lived our failures and success here.And it is 42 year old , our childhood stories are associated here. We are emotionally attached to this place. Then how can anyone just come and declare it to be shut down, when it is running on profit! Yes, BCL ,Bhopal has got 5000 members .And, no year it is in loss, at least not now.

Our world of information and entertainment is shutting down..please people, members help us save BCL.

Here are some reactions from member and non-members of BCL, about the disasterous decision of shutting down:-


Mr. Anil Choubey , member of BCL says ," British Library is pride of Bhopal .It's closure would be a great loss not only to the members alone but their family as well."

Ms.Chanchal Dwivedi , young member BCL says," I am extremly shocked to hear this news of closure of British Library.Library had brought a new connotation of reading books.I sincerely request people to come forward to protest against this decision. PLease join us in the protest."

. MrPramod Thakur ,member of BCL says," Its very bad news for students BCL is a unique place of M.P .It has shocked Bhopalies."

Ms. Vijeta Shrivastava ,old member of BCL says, " BCL is my life, I have lived here.I have made friends here.Books are my best friend and Library is like a family to me.I can't see my family broken. I am crying why this world of knowledge is snatched from us.We are the youth, we have power and we can save this LIbrary.pLzz friends, members and those who all honour and know the price of a library please help us save this libarary."

Mr.Pradeep Kumar, young member of BCL says," When I heard British Library Bhopal is going to shut down ,I was shocked .It was extremly bad news for me.I would like to ask all people of BHopal to come and join hand to save BCL"

Mr. Vinod Raut,existing member BCL says,"Its very unfortunate that a place like BCL is going to be closed down.It's a Books Paradise.I have been coming here for last 20 years . Its the only library in the whole city,which is providing literature to all eyes. A child can get all kinds of books ,right from Harry Potter series to most recent kid's series. Moreover, people of Bhopal are closely realted to this library. It should not be shut down and I am defiently going join the protest."


Mr. Chaitanya Kumbhare, old member of BCL says," I was devasted with this news .I prepared my IIT-JEE preperation here and I got selected .Daily , I use to come here and use this fantastic library.I can't see its demise.Plz save people.JOin the protest."

SO, this is what you also feel..right? Then why wait , come join us and lets save our Team , our Place , our Library BCL.

7 comments:

Pradeep said...

this news is quite surprising and shoking for me...atleast such public libraries where people used to gether and share their ideas should not be closed by the reason of insufficient funds.
This is a community portal and it has lot to do with society and its developments.
My humble request to administration of BCL not to close it.. and I would request to CM Shri Shivaj singh Chauhaan ji to look into the matter.

This institution should not be closed.

SAVE BCL said...

@ Pradeep: Thanks man for coming forward.Yes, we are together to save BCL.

AMIT SHRIVASTAVA said...

AMIT Shrivastava
Their is 4000 & more lives are connected with the library, and each heart beat for it, and if library closed it will hurts all those hearts, So dont stop the heart beats.

So we request the BCL not to close the library.

Unknown said...

Shock, anger, moroseness or contempt...I still haven't been able to figure out my feelings about this decision since yesterday.
This is definitely like my second home. How can they just close it just like that widout any just reason..!!
It would be a great loss to everyone since it such a strong media of knowledge, information and interaction with ppl from all walks of life. I request everyone to come forward and join us to save our very own...our love BCL

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shehla Masood said...

the world of information and knowledge in bhopal is on risk.
its Unbelievable-'a bolt out of the blue,
it should not even fo in the hands of the government.

Anonymous said...

Our library in Tiruvananthapuram which is a year older than yours is also being shut down. We are also very much in shock. Citizens, members and the Govt are protesting and trying to see what the alternatives are. We would like to be in touch with the Bhopal group. So could someone please post an email id to the gp coordinator please. We are with you in this struggle.
You can read about our struggle at:
http://saveourlibrary.blogspot.com
Asha Gopinathan,Ph.D