Sunday, December 9, 2007

By Invitation -I

# This is the first invitation writing we got from one of the regular BCL member.

By:- Mrs Suneela Bhalla
Voice and Accent Trainer

The world over people are lamenting the loss of the reading habit.The Internet and Television have made a place in children's imaginations.The British Council Libraries with branches all over the country have become a part of treasured traditions in many familieswhere successive generations become members of BCL.Through my school and College yearswherever my father,an Air Force officer, was posted we looked for and became membersOf BCL.After I became a mother I was proud to pass on the privilege of becoming a member of BCL to my boys.As a teacher and Voice & Accent Trainer I recommendreading to all my students.My sons enjoy their weekends at BCL and refuse to go out of townfor summer vacation because they have to participate in the various workshops and reading voyages.Whenever I feel low BCL is my favourite refuge -spending a couple of hours in the library refreshes and rejuvenates me.All of a sudden a bureaucratic decision plans to snatch away my second homefrom me.Where will we get the books and the ambience that BCL provides? The decision makers are not emotionally involved to BCL as we are.

Why was the opinion of the members not considered? My fervent APPEAL to ICCR and The British High Commission is to take back this HIGH HANDED,AUTOCRATICdecision.

1 comment:

CMONT said...

HELL OUT OF THE WAY OF BRITISH LIBRARY.

WAT THEY WANT
WHY CLOSING........
STILL THERE INTENTION UNKNOWN..




DAMMMMM.